Sunday, January 06, 2008

Social Networking

I think social networking has to be one of the best inventions this century. It is in my opinion the true link between humans and society and the cyber-world of the Internet. Too bad I didn't think of an idea like that! Actually many thought of it. There is a number of them out there: Hi5, Orkud, Facebook, MySpace...etc. Hi5 twisted dirty and somehow did not attract our attention as much as Facebook and MySpace did.



I've always been dumbfounded by the links between the virtual world of the Web and the real world and how the former imitates the latter and how real-life relationships can be built up by the virtual world. I used to think, if I had the chance to date a girl I met off the Web - I wouldn't do it because it would feel unnatural. It would feel eerie and not so normal. Nowadays I think it is kind of normal because it does happen in real-life in the end.

So the winner is social networking. People send out their wedding invitations on Facebook. Astonishing I must say. The missing link between real life and the virtual life.

No comments: