Friday, January 04, 2008

Raining Apples!!!

When I think about friends, I think about apples.



Its the time of year of eid al-Adha, the triad of christmas days (eve, day and boxing day), the Hajj and the beginning of the mid-year vacation. Its a time of festivities and relaxation after long hard work in academia. Its a time when it rains apples!

I have soo many people I have to meet! Im actually torn between all of them. They say it's a blessing to have friends, many of them. I believe this true but sometimes I'm cursed by the way I'm stretch between all of them and in the end I'm left with a sheared brain and soul panting for breath.

Don't get me wrong, it is an absolutely wonderful thing to have friends. Without them you couldn't lead a decent life. The pros of having many friends definitely out-weights the cons. There is no debate here.

Lets get back to the falling apples. So as I mentioned this is a time when people come back to their mother-land (although my mother-land is not where I currently stand) for the wonders of such a blessed time of year.

Unfortunately I cant help but say that this time has been accompanied by silent sadness with the death of soo many loved ones. God bless their soles (inshAllah).

So I have five friends here in Egypt now. Most of them I have seen and some I haven't had the time to. I hope I see all of them before they leave...

I see friends as apples, some sweet and some sour. The sour you know to learn about yourself and the sweet you know to help and be helped inside and out. Friends are a blessing.

I hope I catch all the apples before they go away.

2 comments:

Mai Daoud said...

can I just say that I love this post :) its very very true ga3lool. I am just glad that I managed to see quite a lot of you the past few weeks. I hope that I am one of the sweet apples ;) hehe

Tarek El-Gaaly said...

Hey Mai! Im writing this comment from Swansea. I just saw the post u wrote back in April about Imagine Cup and me! It was soo sweet of you! Thanx soo much. And thanx for this lovely comment. You definitely are the sweetest of apples! :D