Sunday, March 09, 2008

The World is Shrinking!

How I wish some times that I was an undergrad student again these days. The world is shrinking!!! There are more and more oppurtunities popping up everyday. All this has become possible by the Internet which youngsters take for granted these days. They never saw what was before the Internet! Since I'm from a slightly older generation; it's like the stone age humans who came across fire!!!! hehe...So the east and west have come closer and with the advancement in technology we see "exciting new opportunities that people are talking about" {The way Bill Gates puts it}.

The reason I was set on this nostalgic path of thought was because I was nominated to be a Google Student Ambassador. Where were these opportunities when I was an undergrad??? Fein???? :D. Google was still on the rise back then and well, more and more multinational companies are interested in draining the innovative brains of our talented youth :). Well that is another line of thought - Countries are loosing their little powerhouse brains to the west. The industry is reaching across the globe and hacking into oilfields of ideas from innovative young youth. :'(

Of course I don't have the time anymore to do something like this. In order for it to be done properly it needs time and commitment. Those are two things I have allocated to other aspects of life...

I'm not sad, just thought I'd share a spur of thought with ya as always...

2 comments:

Mai Daoud said...

how did u not tell me this?!! tsk tsk tsk

Tarek El-Gaaly said...

howa eh tsk tsk tsk dah? Dah yabanneee walla australee?
I just got the email 2 days ago...so I'm sorry for the delay...
too bad i don't have time for this.
Actually I heard yesterday that its not only one student. I heard they want a freshman, sophomore, senior, graduating senior and graduate student. Bardo, I guess I don't have enough time but it is definitely something to consider. It's really awesome!
So tell me, how are you?