Thursday, March 13, 2008

The formidable wall we know so well

Very frequently in my line of work do I find myself in front of an obstacle. I find myself confronting a dead-end wall. There is no way around this wall. No solution to allow you to pass. You are stuck. You struggle to get around it, but in vain. You hack away at the wall but everything seems impossible. Then you really break down in spirit. You feel helpless and useless.



Then I always remember standing on the other side of the wall and looking back at the wall and thinking, "It wasn't that hard? It all worked out in the end". I take a deep breath and walk on. Only to confront another wall may be even bigger than the last.

Time and time again you look back upon the wall you just conquered and think, "there is no such thing as impossible".

How many times have I slumped down at the sight of a formidable problem with "no" solutions at all. I've tried and tried different approaches and nothing helps. I get tangled up in the threads of my own thoughts and little by little strangle myself. Then I can not take anymore so I get up and go take a break and suddenly as I'm watching the TV, walking away from my room or doing whatever it is I'm doing to get my mind off the problem at hand, I trip over the solution to the problem. I see something that I hadn't seen prior. I find a fundamental answer to the puzzling problem and later on, yet again, I look back at the wall I just climbed.

2 comments:

Mai Daoud said...

wow, pretty inspiring stuff ga3ly. Happy to hear you've climbed over another wall ;)

Anonymous said...

Good words.