Thursday, January 11, 2007

Roadtrip...

This last December was a month to remember. It was the first time I was rejected a job opportunity. Truth is, I haven't done many interviews, but I was accepted in the three I did after graduating from AUC. This company rejected me a position in Egypt and America. I don't blame them for not accepting me here in Egypt. For some reason I totally messed up on the last interview, even though I was so far into the process. I went further than anyone of my friends, except one. The Egyptian HR manager recommended me to the HR team from USA. Unfortunately they told me I was not accepted in the position in Egypt but recommended for the USA interviews the next day. I was notified at 2pm that my interviews would be the next day at 8am. I was not prepared at all and had no idea of what to expect. I decided to go for it.

I don't know if the decision to go for it was the right one. Deep down in me, I knew it was a chance not to meddle with. It was an excellent opportunity abroad at the HQ of a major corporation.

Unfortunately I was turned down. Now I cant help thinking about the opportunity I threw down the drain. My plan was that I would try my best to get accepted so that next year I would go. I wasn't going to accept the offer straight away, but at least they would have a record of me being accepted which I could use later on when I finished my masters. Anyway, things turned out as they did and I think about it everyday now, especially since my current job is soo obnoxiously uninteresting.

Now, I have to wait for one year before I can reapply. I really hope I get accepted in this company in USA. InshAllah kheir.

Ive started a new program which is designed to help me learn more, to kind of get me prepared for next year and enhance my skills. I read about things I'm not really sure of and blog them down for later reference. I'm also hopefully going into a worldwide Microsoft competition and ACM training sessions to try and become what I want to be deep down inside of me.

I hope I will someday get to where I want to go. InshAllah kheir and Ya Rab I get into this company next year

No comments: