Friday, May 21, 2010

Angers, une belle ville

France is a beautiful country. I saw it briefly a few years back but this time round I spent a week in the country. I only spent one day and night in Paris. The rest of my stay was in Angers, a city Southwest of Paris and located in the Northwestern part of France. The train ride from Angers to Montparnasse station in central Paris blew my mind away. I saw endless flat plane fields. The scenery was filled with greenery, sunshine, endless farms. It looked like hobbit land in Lord of the Rings. I saw giant wind turbines moving majestically and towering over small farm houses. It felt surreal.

Angers itself has a population of about 150k. Its not as small as I expected. The bus ride from my hotel to the central area took around 30-45 minutes. I walked around down town, visited the castle, saw the massive cathedral and ate fondue. I'll leave you with some pix that I hope capture the beauty of the place that had me spellbound.
































No comments: