Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rutgers University

I'm studying at Rutgers University currently. Rutgers is sometimes known as a "public ivy" school as its one of the old colonial era universities. It is the eighth oldest university in the US and a great school.

It's divided over three campuses in the state of New Jersey. The three are (1) New Brunswick and Piscataway, (2) Newark and (3) Camden. The largest student body is in New Brunswick/Piscataway. This is where I am studying.



New Jersey is known as the Garden State and is full of greenery and wildlife. I have seen skunks, beavers, rabbits, birds of all sorts, funny looking bugs, bugs that make weird sounds ... etc. Most of this wildlife I've seen on my bike rides and long walks.

The New Brunwick/Piscataway campus of Rutgers is divided into four smaller campuses: Cook/Douglass, Busch, Livingston and the main one College Avenue. Between them are lush forests and vegetation. It's quite picturesque. There is also the Raritan river which flows between New Brunswick and Piscataway.

New Brunswick is in a central location halfway between NYC and Philadelphia. I'll upload some pictures of the place once I fix my camera so stay tuned :D.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like it how you depict our school. 'It's quite picturesque'. :)