Tuesday, July 03, 2007

When the light shines


El humdulilah. This last month has been an extremely exciting one.

I met Bill Gates. As I told you in the previous post about meeting a prominent person. This person is Bill Gates.

Our group was selected out of the 40-something teams participating in the Imagine Cup world finals this year. We were one of the lucky 10 who were invited to Redmond to present and demo before Bill Gates, Craig Mundie (Microsoft CTO) and other high ranking executives. It was unbelievable and as I sit here reminiscing, I still cant believe it. I think we did quite well too. Although I usually speak better in public, I dont think I was very bad as I was reassured and rewarded by a convincing nod from the richest person in the world.

As things come fast, they go fast and now Im sitting in my new job. I just got back from Seattle the day before yesterday. On the way back we stopped in Paris for seven hours. Thanks to Cherif Naggar, a friend of mine, I was given a flash tour of Paris. I saw the Eiffel Tower, the Arc and its famous boulevard and even had time to see the Mona Lisa in the Louvre. All this was in little less than 3 hours.

We have approximately 40 days left until the actual competition in South Korea. It will be hell, but inshAllah will pay off. Ya Rab.

1 comment:

Mai Daoud said...

very very very very happy for you tarooka!! Still need to sit with you so you can tell me all about it!