Thursday, May 17, 2007

525

Just a number? Hardly a number! Its the number of a course. Its not just a course. Its more! CSCI 525 is a graduate (master's degree) course given in The American University in Cairo.

This course has been the most mind-boggling course I have ever taken. It has been one of the hardest and most demanding. At the same time it has been very displeasing. On the other hand I don't think I have ever enjoyed a course like this. It has been so challenging to the extent my mind was not powerful enough. LOL, I find this relevant to the subtitle of my blog: "An insight into a mind. A powerful tool, but only when tamed". Despite the tiring mind-boggling stress I managed to pull off a good grade in the second midterm. I was pleased with this...el humdulilah. There is still the daunting task of preparing for the final exam which is comprehensive and writing a literature survey paper of the Weighted Max-Sat problem. The person who writes the best paper will win a bump up in his end grade. WOW, I would love that. Fortunately and unfortunately I'm up against a lot of competition and im short of time since I have another final next week.

Life is hardship. If things came easy, there would be no self-pride and success...

2 comments:

Mai Daoud said...

Tyreek! Im so glad to hear that you ended up with a good grade in the midterm you were worried about. Inshallah you will do even better on the paper and the final. Remember that you are a smart guy who is managing a career and a masters degree all at the same time! You should be very proud of yourself and your ambition!

Anonymous said...

This is All a bad dream....