Monday, February 20, 2006

History Repeats Itself

This passed weekend was going to be a relaxing one. To my delight it proved to be quite the oppositte. I got a phone call Thursday night and with the drum beat I heard in the background history smacked me accross the face. The auditions for The Talent Show turned out to be the next day. I met the band (BeAtLesS) and jammed for about two hours. The next day we played infront of the judges. It was history repeating itself. I discovered an ecstatic flame light up inside me as it had lit up a year prior. A flame to sing, to perform, to be on stage again and feel the power of controlling 2,300 people like sheep beneath me. It was the ultimate feeling standing above a sea of people cheering you like energetic bobbing heads and arms. I will never forget that night. Now, looking back upon that day, I only wish it to happen again. I was informed yesterday that we had made it passed the initial auditions to ROUND 1 on the 3rd of March. Its much tougher this year; they only want five bands so I'll be crossing my fingers and InshAllah kheir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's sometimes agonising when u c ppl praising Allah or askin Allah to help them with deeds that are far from being so called "kheir." It's quite ironic actually. For example, one can find a belly dancer saying "ya rab wafiqni fi el ra2sa el gayya!!" It reminds me of aya 103-104 in surat al Kahf. Please refer to it. Please excuse my bluntness.